Welcome to St Joseph's Catholic School, The Strand
Love Community Excellence
Uncover a world of academic, sporting and cultural opportunities. Where every child is given the opportunity to succeed, through Love, Community and Excellence. St Joseph’s Catholic School, The Strand is held in high regard within our local community, nurturing young minds into tomorrow’s leaders.
Prep to Year 6 | co-educational | 360+ students
Kindergarten located within the school
Situated between the CBD and Townsville’s iconic Strand, St Joseph’s Catholic School, The Strand was the first Catholic school established in Townsville in 1873, and boasts the best location in town.
Learn what St Joseph’s Catholic School, The Strand can offer your child.
Why choose a Catholic school?
Choosing a school is an important decision for your child and your family. With a strong focus on student wellbeing, inclusion and excellence in all pursuits, our school community is vibrant, proud and highly regarded within the wider community.
Catholic school students:
- experience belonging — We believe the best way for students to get the most out of their schooling is to feel connected to their peers, their teacher and their school community.
- experience opportunity — With access to excellent resources and expert teachers, we create real opportunities for students.
- experience the dedication — Our Catholic school teachers are dedicated to delivering the best faith-based educational experience to every student.
- experience our difference — Catholic schools focus on the whole child, encouraging growth in all aspects of a well-rounded education including social, spiritual, cultural, environmental, sporting, creative and academic.
- experience their best — Every student's 'best' is different, and we work collaboratively with parents to help students realise their potential.
We believe every child should be given the opportunity to experience success and develop their potential. St Joseph’s Catholic School, The Strand creates these opportunities for your child.
Our school provides a supportive environment based on the Catholic tradition with a commitment to lifelong learning, recognising each child as unique and formed in the image of God. Our school community fosters a friendly, trusting collaboration between principal, teachers, parish priest and parents for the ongoing development of each child.Read More